Are you moving from Auckland to Wellington? If so, you will need movers who will make the move as smooth and hassle-free as possible. There are a lot of things to do for such a move, so the last thing you want to worry about is lugging boxes about, trying to get the fridge out the front door, and transporting all your belongings to your new home in the new city.
You can leave all those things to us at Express Movers. We’ll look after the heavy lifting, the logistics of moving your belongings, and all the transportation.
We have experience of intercity moving, including moving people from Auckland to Wellington. This experience includes everything from single-person households to six-plus bedroom family homes.
With our fleet of trucks and experienced crews, we’ll be able to put together a customised solution that will ensure your move is as efficient and cost-effective as possible. Our expert team will be able to give you more advice on our recommendations to meet your timescales and keep your costs to a minimum.
This is one of the things that sets us apart from our competition in the removals industry. Other companies look at jobs where people are moving from Auckland to Wellington as an opportunity to charge higher than necessary prices. At Express Movers, however, trust and honesty are important to us, so we do the opposite, i.e. we’ll do what we can to keep your costs as low as possible.
The standard of service that we offer sets us apart from the competition too. From the moment you first get in touch with us, you will be treated professionally. We’ll look after your belongings as well.
Auckland to Wellington Movers Services
At Express Movers, we offer a full range of services if you are moving from Auckland to Wellington. Here’s what you get when you come to us:
- An experienced move manager will be appointed to co-ordinate your move.
- We have a range of trucks with different sizes available, so we will have an option to suit your requirements.
- All our trucks are modern and well maintained.
- Our crews are vetted and are well trained.
- We use the latest moving equipment to protect your belongings, ensure the safety of our crews, and make the process of moving as efficient as possible.
- We’ll pack your belongings on our truck in a way that maximises the space while also ensuring everything is protected. We use blankets, wrap, and straps to keep everything in place while it is on the truck.
- At your new Wellington home, we’ll put each box and item in the room you specify and can help you unpack the boxes you need immediately.
Get a Quote for Moving from Blenheim to Auckland
At Express Movers, we have tried and tested processes in place for customers moving from Auckland to Wellington. This allows us to keep our prices as low as possible. Call us today on 0800 333177 or complete the contact form on this page to get a quote.
House & Furniture Removalists Wellington
Moving to a new house is a big undertaking, but the distances involved when moving from Auckland to Wellington make it even more important to have an effective plan in place. As professional movers in Auckland, we are presenting this checklist that will help.
Preparing for the Move
- Book a professional moving company. It is important to do this early to ensure you get the dates you want and the company you want. Remember also that a move from Auckland to Wellington will take multiple days, making it even more important to book the moving company early.
- Make sure there is insurance in place for the move. Your moving company will sort this out, but you will have paperwork to complete too.
- Do a clear out to get rid of anything in your home that you don’t really need. This will save you time and money packing and transporting it to Wellington.
- Decide what to do with flammable materials in your house as you may not be able to bring them with you to Wellington. Moving companies typically don’t transport flammable materials, and it is recommended that you don’t transport them either. Examples include paint, petrol, turps, etc. You have two main options for these materials – either leave them in the house for the new owners or dispose of them.
- Start packing as early as you can, particularly the items in your home which you don’t need or use on a daily basis. Put everything in boxes for moving in NZ so they are easier to load into the removals truck and label every box. We will provide you boxes for moving from Auckland.
- Make arrangements for someone to look after your children during the move.
- Redirect or discontinue services at your current address. This includes things like telephone, internet, pay TV, electricity, gas, etc. Many of these services will have a cancellation period, so you will need to sort them out in advance to ensure you are not out of pocket.
- Pack all your jewellery as it will need to be transported with you rather than with the moving company.
- Change your address with relevant organisations and companies. Examples include the electoral registrar, Inland Revenue, your bank, the insurance companies you use, credit card companies, etc. Also, activate a redirection on your post at the post office.
The Days Before Moving Day
- Start running down the food in your fridge and freezer. This may mean dining out, eating take away food, or shopping for food by the day in the days leading up to moving day. Then, the day before the move, defrost your fridge and freezer.
- Drain and dispose of petrol from your lawnmower and any other power tools you have.
- Label as “Priority” the boxes you will need as soon as you get to the new house.
- Plan the clothes you will wear as there will be a few days when you may not have access to a washing machine.
- If appliances like your washing machine, dishwasher, and dryer are coming with you, get them disconnected so they are ready to be moved.
- Get the kids to whoever will be looking after them during the move.
- Plan your own transportation to the new house in Wellington.
- Clean your house. This is important if you live in rented accommodation as you will need to leave the property in as good a condition as possible to get your bond back.
A Guide to Moving from Auckland to Wellington
Any house move requires careful planning to ensure it is as smooth and hassle-free as possible. However, careful planning is even more important if you are moving long-distance – such as moving from Auckland to Wellington. It is a 600+ km trip, so you need to take whatever steps you can to ensure everything goes according to plan and without any hiccups. Here are our top tips.
Hire the Best Moving Company for Your Auckland to Wellington Move
There are lots of things you need to consider when hiring a moving company, including price, the services offered, and the approach the movers take. While it can be tempting to go for the cheapest option, it’s important not to leave anything to chance when you are moving from Auckland to Wellington.
Therefore, it makes sense to hire the best moving company you can find for your Auckland to Wellington move.
Make Sure Your Removalists Have Experience of Auckland to Wellington to Moves
It is also important to get removalists who have experience moving people like you from Auckland to a new location in Wellington. The challenges of moving long-distance like this are different from the challenges of moving locally, and the business needs to be set up to handle this type of move. It’s important to remember that not all moving companies have the capabilities to move from Auckland to Wellington.
At Express Movers, we have the capabilities you need as well as extensive experience and expertise.
Declutter Your Home
Moving to a new house is the ideal time to get rid of any clutter that has built up over the years. Decluttering is beneficial in any house move, but it is even more beneficial when you’re are moving a long distance.
So, take steps to declutter your home before the movers arrive to pack everything up for the trip from Auckland to Wellington. Sell what you can either locally or online, donate what is worth donating to charities and other local causes, give away anything that is suitable to friends and family, and dump the rest.
If you haven’t worn it, used it, or looked for it in the past six or 12 months, ask yourself if you really need it. If not, then put it in the decluttering pile.
Pack Everything, Getting Help Where Needed, While Ensuring You Label All Boxes
Packing is a part of moving, so you’ll need to do it yourself or hire a company that offers both packing and moving services for your Auckland to Wellington move.
Apart from ensuring all your belongings are properly protected for the move, the most important part of packing everything is ensuring you label all the boxes. It will be a long time between the moment you seal your first packed box in Auckland to you start opening boxes in your new Wellington home, so box labels are essential.
At Express Movers, we are expert house and furniture movers, but we also offer packing services if you are moving from Auckland to Wellington. Get in touch with us today to get a quote.
Plan Your Journey and Buy Transit Insurance
Whether you are flying, driving, or being driven to your new Wellington home on moving day, you will need to plan the journey. Also, take time to look into getting transit insurance to make sure all your belongings are covered during the long-distance move.